If your workers’ compensation claim has been denied, hiring a workers’ compensation lawyer Milwaukee WI provides might help you with your claim. The attorneys at Hickey & Turim have helped many injured workers get fair compensation for workplace injuries. Many of those clients came to our law firm after their workers compensation claim was denied.
Though the insurance company might prefer you didn’t know this, just because your claim is denied does not necessarily mean that’s the end of your case. There are many reasons why a claim is denied, and sometimes it is for good reason. However, when it’s been denied unfairly, a worker is entitled to fair compensation and benefits for their workplace injury. A qualified Milwaukee WI workers compensation lawyer may make all the difference.
A Common Reason Why Employers Deny Workers’ Compensation Claims
A workers’ compensation lawyer Milwaukee WI employees trust can review your case to determine why it was likely denied. Very often, the reason comes down to money: the employer or insurance company wants to save money by not paying damages to the injured worker. This is especially true when a workplace injury is serious, and medical care may be expensive to treat it.
- Employers pay insurance premiums to companies for workers’ compensation coverage. The cost of premiums is affected by the number and cost of claims that are filed by the employer with the workers’ compensation insurance company.
- The way workers’ compensation premium costs for employers are determined is very similar to motor vehicle insurance coverage. Car insurance premiums can go up for the motorist if they file an accident claim.
- A workers’ compensation lawyer in Milwaukee WI may help push your claim through so that you get the benefits to which you are entitled. Sometimes, when an employer knows you have an attorney, they will immediately pay the claim because they want to avoid legal costs on top of the accident costs.
Other Common Reasons Why a Workers’ Compensation Case Might be Denied
It may be your employer who denied your claim, or it may be their insurance company. Regardless of who denied it and the reason they gave, their decision should be submitted to you in writing. There may be additional reasons why they denied the claim that they don’t present to you. They might include any of the following:
- Your injury wasn’t serious, or they claim it wasn’t serious.
- They deny that your injury occurred in the workplace, or while you were performing your job.
- You did not require medical attention, so it was not serious or you did not suffer from any financial damages. They may refuse to take into account other damages that you did receive as a result of the injury.
- You did not take time off from work, so therefore the injury was not serious. For some injured workers, taking time off means risking their job, so they work even while injured. A workers’ compensation lawyer Milwaukee WI workers hire in these circumstances may help right this wrong.
How An Attorney Can Make a Difference
An experienced workers’ compensation lawyer Milwaukee WI injury victims turn to for help may review your claim for other weaknesses or issues. At Hickey & Turim, our attorneys often bolster our client’s claims with additional information when appropriate. This might include testimony from medical experts as well as industry safety consultants. A skilled attorney will tailor your claim to the specifics of your work injury and how it happened.
If you believe you need the help of a lawyer to get your workers’ compensation claim approved, call us today at Hickey & Turim. Talk to one of our attorneys who can review your case. If you’ve been injured on the job, a workers’ compensation lawyer Milwaukee WI offers may help you get the justice you deserve.