When you or a loved one has been injured because of another person’s careless actions, it might be time to contact a personal injury lawyer Milwaukee, WI
residents can count on. Hickey & Turim, S.C. is a law firm that has earned successful results for thousands of clients. We work hard to get justice for people who have been ruthlessly injured by the negligence of someone else. Each case is unique and our attorneys are here to offer guidance and advise you of your legal options.
Contact us today at Hickey & Turim S.C. to discuss your case with a personal injury lawyer Milwaukee WI provides. We offer a no-cost case review which can help you decide if hiring a lawyer is in your best interest.
Just as every case and client are different, the same is true of every personal injury lawyer Milwaukee WI has in the city. Legal strategies may differ, rates and fees may not be the same, and each attorney’s level of experience will also vary. Finding the right lawyer for your needs is important.
The Advantages of Having a Personal Injury Lawyer
Do you always need a personal injury lawyer in every situation? Not necessarily, but before you strike out on your own, consider the following.
- Fair value. An experienced attorney can evaluate any settlement you’re offered and know if it’s fair compensation for your damages. Insurance companies will not usually offer a fair settlement amount if they believe they can get away with less. When an attorney comes on board to represent the personal injury victim, insurance companies tend to respond. They know that if they play games they’re only wasting their time because a personal injury lawyer Milwaukee WI residents hire will counter offer or take the claim to court.
- Faster approval of claims. Another trick that some insurance companies try is to stall when it comes time to pay out claims. Their reasoning is that without an attorney there isn’t much you can do about it. The longer they delay, the more money they hold onto, and in the end you might even give up altogether. A Milwaukee WI personal injury lawyer from Hickey & Turim, S.C. can make sure you’re paid within a reasonable period of time.
- Documentation and evidence to prove your case. A Hickey & Turim, S.C. personal injury lawyer in Milwaukee WI knows how to develop a strong case that proves why the other party was negligent and caused your personal injury. Personal injury cases, if prepared properly, can include expert medical testimony, an accident scene forensic investigation, and legal arguments. If you’re not experienced in these areas or have the resources to find and hire the right experts, it’s best to leave it to a lawyer. Without a lawyer who can build a strong case, you’re much likelier to walk away with nothing except a bill for court costs.
- Determination of your damages. How much is your personal injury case worth? A personal injury lawyer Milwaukee WI victims rely on will know all the “hidden” costs that you may end up paying that you don’t even realize yet. For example, did you know that if your personal injury is not likely to heal completely that you may qualify for permanent disability compensation? A personal injury lawyer from Hickey & Turim, S.C. can determine a fair compensation total for your case.
Types of Personal Injuries Suited for a Legal Claim
Personal injuries can happen anywhere and at anytime. They can be mild or moderate all the way to severe, or even fatal. Unfortunately, the victim often didn’t even see the incident coming. Costly medical bills and the inability to work might immediately follow, leaving you feeling hopeless and upset. Contrary to what some people may have told you, a personal injury lawyer in Milwaukee, WI can take on a broad range of claims. They can vary from basic, non-life threatening injuries to those which will leave a lasting imprint and a permanent disability. Examples of personal injuries suited to a legal claim can include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Sprains or strains
- Broken bones
- Scraps, cuts, and bruises
- Head injuries
- Loss of limb(s)
- Loss of hearing or eyesight
- Internal organ damage
- Cognitive impairment
- Loss of life
In some instances, you may be the loved one of a victim who is either unable to file a claim on their own or has lost their life to the negligent actions of another party. If you’re in this situation, please don’t hesitate to call a personal injury lawyer Milwaukee, WI offers such as Hickey & Turim, S.C.
Seeking Monetary Damages
It is impossible to provide an estimated value of your claim without knowing the details; however, Hickey & Turim, S.C. may seek damages for any of the following:
- Past, current, and prospective medical bills
- Lost wages
- Emotional grievances
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
- Property damages
- Wrongful death
Understanding the Statute of Limitations
When it comes to personal injury claims there are statute of limitations. This time limit has been put into place by state regulators and must be adhered to. Failing to file a claim within this period could prevent you from getting justice from the very people that caused you or a loved one harm. It is advisable to avoid waiting until the last minute to pursue the matter. Rather, the sooner you contact a personal injury lawyer Milwaukee, WI provides, the better the outcome of your claim might be.
It’s rare that a personal injury case may not benefit from the guidance of an attorney, especially if the injury is serious. Hickey & Turim, S.C. is prepared to give you the necessary time, attention, and support you and your family may be looking for. To get a free case evaluation, contact us at Hickey & Turim, S.C.
today to make an appointment with a personal injury lawyer Milwaukee WI provides to its residents.