Hickey & Turim S.C., a slip and fall lawyer Milwaukee, WI residents trust, may provide invaluable legal counsel to people who’ve suffered an injury in an unexpected accident. These incidents cause millions of people immense pain and may jeopardize their inability to enjoy life. The extent of the injuries endured may vary from a strained muscle or broken bone to a severe neck or head injury, or even a fatality. Regardless of what you have experienced after a devastating fall, you might want to consider contacting a slip and fall lawyer in Milwaukee, WI.
Hickey & Turim, S.C.: A Milwaukee Slip and Fall Lawyer
Hickey & Turim, S.C. has been fighting for the victims of personal injury for almost 30 years. Guided by our in-depth experience, we confidently navigate legal cases of all types – from those that are straightforward to those that are extremely complex. Working on a contingency fee basis, we make your financial security a top priority. If you believe that we’re a good match for your claim, one of our lawyers may explain the process so you know exactly what to expect. To discuss your case with a slip and fall lawyer Milwaukee, WI respects, please call our law firm now.
Up to three million Americans slip and fall every year. Unfortunately around 15,000 people die in these incidents. Most of these are preventable when the areas are well maintained. A slip and fall lawyer Milwaukee, WI provides typically handles claims that involve water, ice, oil, paint, or other substances on a walking surface. Often it is the negligence of a property owner, manager, or even cleaning company that causes the accident. When such a danger exists, all those who pass should be properly warned. This is not always the case leading pedestrians to be put at a heightened risk for falling.
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere and are most common in:
- Parking lots;
- Shopping centers;
- Parks; and
If you have been injured in a slip and fall, please call a slip and fall lawyer Milwaukee, WI respects such as Hickey & Turim, S.C.
Four Things to Do if You Slip and Fall
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall, there are a few precautionary measures a slip and fall lawyer Milwaukee, WI provides may tell you to do. They are as follows:
- Get help – If possible, let someone at the establishment know you have slipped and fallen. This ensures your incident is recorded for insurance purposes. You also need to seek medical attention quickly. Inform the doctor of any aches or pains, regardless of how minor they might be.
- Take pictures – Using your phone or a camera, take pictures of the entire scene. Make sure you document what caused you to fall, the surroundings, the environment, weather, and anything else that might seem relevant.
- Gather witness information – If there were any witnesses, kindly ask for their full name and phone number.
- Contact a slip and fall lawyer Milwaukee, WI depends on – It’s prudent to be careful about what you say when reporting the incident. In general you should contact a lawyer before giving a statement.
Remember slip and fall injuries can be very serious, yet they are often internal. Days or weeks can go by without noticing anything too out of the ordinary; however, this does not mean nothing is wrong. For this reason, we cannot stress enough the importance of getting medical attention. Please call a slip and fall lawyer Milwaukee, WI families count on as soon as possible to find out if you have a claim. We can be happy to provide you with the next steps to take and answer any questions you might have.
How You Can Protect Your Legal Rights
In general, the defending party of a slip and fall would hire a lawyer soon after the incident occurs. When this happens, it may be in your best interest to have a slip and fall lawyer Milwaukee, WI can provide on your side. By doing so, your rights may be protected to their fullest. The lawyers at Hickey & Turim, S.C. understand the various tactics and legal approaches that could be used against you. With this in mind, we work with unremitting determination to build a strong case backed by undeniable evidence that proves negligence or wrongdoing.
Proving Liability in Your Claim
It is the job of a slip and fall lawyer Milwaukee, WI depends on to prove liability by showing that the defendant’s actions, or lack thereof, caused the accident. Even if you’re sure proof “beyond a reasonable doubt” exists, this proof must be examined through a fair proceeding for all parties. As soon as you hire a lawyer, he or she may begin to examine your case to put the pieces of the puzzle together. By the time your case is presented, a slip and fall lawyer Milwaukee, WI offers may show:
- The defending party(s) was aware of a defect, problem, or obstacle
- This party failed to take the necessary steps to fix the issue
- You did not know about the accident, or contribute to it, in any way
- A person with a sound mind would have presumably tried to prevent the accident
- The defendant’s negligence, carelessness, or wrongdoing caused the slip and fall
It might not always be possible to prove all of the above; however, as much information as possible should be gathered to form a strong argument in your favor. Whether your case is settled out of court through negotiations or is required to go to trial, you might receive monetary compensation to cover medical expenses, lost wages, emotional anguish, pain and suffering, and more.
Counting on Hickey & Turim, S.C. For Your Slip and Fall Claim
As a leading Milwaukee slip and fall lawyer, families from around the area come to us for legal counsel. Having helped thousands of clients reach successful settlements, our law firm has garnered a reputation we are proud of. When you choose us to be your slip and fall lawyer in Milwaukee, WI, you can expect things like:
- Free initial consultations;
- No upfront fees until we settle or win;
- Hospital or home visits;
- Evening or weekend appointments;
- Readiness to go to trial;
- Honest and transparent advice; and
- Full support for all those involved.
A slip and fall accident can be petrifying and cause innumerable physical, financial, and emotional grievance. If you’re ready to speak to a slip and fall lawyer Milwaukee, WI trusts, please call Hickey & Turim, S.C. at (262) 797-6677.