If you are not receiving benefits, you may find an advantage in talking to a workers compensation lawyer Milwaukee, WI turns to from Hickey & Turim, S.C. We have helped thousands of injured workers get the compensation and medical care they deserve. Call us today at (262) 797-6677 to request a consultation with a workers compensation lawyer in Milwaukee, WI from our firm. There will be no charge for this confidential case review, and we encourage you to take advantage of this no-obligation opportunity.
Common Reasons Why Workers Compensation Benefits Are Denied
As an experienced Milwaukee workers compensation lawyer can tell you, even if you have a valid claim, it may be denied. The repercussions of not receiving benefits can be financially catastrophic. It can also mean the difference between getting or not getting proper medical treatment. Here are some of the most common reasons why a workers compensation claim are often denied:
- Your employer or their workers comp insurance company claims your injury is a pre-existing condition and that it did not occur at work. A workers comp lawyer can enlist the help of a medical doctor who can determine if your injury is only a pre-existing condition, or if it’s a pre-existing condition that has been worsened while working your current job, or if it is a new injury.
- Your employer or their workers comp insurance company claims your injury did not occur at work. When a workers compensation lawyer Milwaukee, WI residents recommend from our firm takes your case, our legal team can determine the events of your accident. Information that we turn up, including witness statements, can then be included in your claim.
- Your employer or their workers comp insurance company claims you are not injured, or are not injured seriously and therefore do not need medical care or other benefits. A workers compensation lawyer Milwaukee, WI locals rely on for help can refer you to a medical doctor who can provide documentation about your injury after performing an exam.
- Your employer or their workers comp insurance company requires more documentation and proof that your injury is serious and that it occurred while you were on the job. A workers compensation lawyer Milwaukee, WI injured workers hire from Hickey & Turim, S.C. can investigate your accident and supply the necessary proof for your claim.
- If your injury was caused by a third-party, or a third-party contributed in part to your injury, your employer’s workers compensation insurer may hold back some or all benefits. Your workers comp lawyer can undergo a settlement negotiation with the third-party or file a lawsuit against them if necessary.
Request a Free Consultation
A serious injury can result in huge medical bills and the inability to return to work. With no income, proper medical treatment may be difficult or even impossible. This is what can happen if you are denied workers compensation benefits. If you’ve been seriously injured while on the job, contact a workers compensation lawyer Milwaukee, WI turns to from Hickey & Turim, S.C.