The lawyers of Hickey & Turim are respected work injury lawyer Milwaukee WI employees rely on to protect their rights. All too often, an injured worker is taken advantage of by their employer, and never receives the benefits to which they are entitled.
If you have been seriously injured in a workplace accident, make sure your rights are protected. The Milwaukee WI work injury lawyer at Hickey & Turim have helped thousands of victims receive maximum compensation for their injuries. Call us today for a free review of your case.
There are many reasons why victims in need of workers comp might benefit from getting legal representation. Though each case is different, skilled work injury lawyer Milwaukee WI offers may help their clients with many different issues. Talk to one of our attorneys to see how we might help you. As a general guideline, any of the following may apply to you as well.
How a Workers Comp Lawyer Can Help You
Workers can be injured in workplace accidents, but the injury may not always be as obvious as broken bones. Compensable injuries can include any number of things, including illness of a respiratory nature. Do not rule out speaking with a workers comp lawyer simply because of the nature of your injury.
- Work injury lawyers in Milwaukee WI may use medical evidence and witness testimony to develop a solid case.
- An attorney can interface with the workers compensation board or insurance company on your behalf, so that you don’t have to do it yourself. This is also true of any workers comp hearings.
- Work injury lawyers Milwaukee WI insurance companies respect understand the negotiation process, and can negotiate a settlement that is substantially higher than the client might be able to get on their own.
Making a Strong Case
Very often, the strength of a workers comp case comes down to the medical evidence presented by the injured worker. Our attorneys at Hickey & Turim are knowledgeable about what meets legal standards, and what is admissible in court if pursuing a lawsuit becomes necessary. There may be many advantages to hiring a legal professional rather than being your own attorney.
- Substandard or insufficient medical evidence might destroy even the most bonafide workers comp cases. A claim could be denied simply because enough evidence was not presented, or it was presented incorrectly. Circumstances like these are when hiring experienced work injury lawyers Milwaukee WI provides could be invaluable.
- The legal team at Hickey & Turim works closely with medical and technical experts to prepare and present a compelling and factual case to the insurance company. We have the resources that most of our clients do not, and this results in favorable settlements for our clients.
- Depending on the location and circumstances of the workplace injury, a number of legal deadlines may need to be met to avoid having the claim denied. Our attorneys will review all legal requirements for your case and make sure every deadline is met.
Call the lawyers of Hickey & Turim for fair compensation after a workplace injury. Contact us today to find out how work injury lawyer Milwaukee WI victims rely on to get justice may help you, too.
Run Over By Construction Equipment
Every year in Milwaukee, hundreds of people are injured on construction sites, including many who have been run over by heavy equipment. When this happens, it is important to consult a work injury lawyer who can listen to your concerns, answer your questions, and let you know what options are available to you. For an immediate consultation and case review, call Hickey & Turim SC to speak with a work injury lawyer.
On every construction site, you will find dump trucks, bulldozers, cranes, forklifts, backhoes, loaders, and other large machinery. Even on the safest sites, accidents to happen. When a worker has been run over by construction equipment, it is often because of careless and negligent operation on part of the driver of the vehicle. In a small number of cases, poor maintenance of the equipment or inadequate management and supervision is the primary cause.
The Occupational Health & Safety Administration has established very strict guidelines and regulations to reduce the number of construction workers who are injured and killed by heavy machinery every year. Some of these rules include:
- The contractor or site supervisor must ensure the driver/operator of the heavy equipment has the proper training.
- The driver should be trained to use all the equipments’ safety devices.
- All safety devices should be maintained on a regular basis and fully operational.
- Safety devices should include backup warning lights and alarms, mirrors, and cameras.
Despite their efforts, the OSHA regulations are not always practiced. As a result, an injury can occur. No matter what the reason, if you or someone you love has been injured on a construction site, please call our firm as soon as possible.
Determining Who is At Fault
To ensure the injured victim gets fair compensation and justice for what happened, it is important to establish who the liable party is. When it comes to a worker being run over by equipment, the fault might lay with the owner of the equipment, the operator/driver, the owner or contractor of the construction site, subcontractors, supervisors, and others. It will take the knowledge of various laws and rules to correctly identify all liable party’s.
At Hickey & Turim SC, the work injury lawyer have vast amounts of experience in navigating these areas of the law. This skillset acts as a catalyst in the investigation process and helps us to build the strongest case possible on behalf of the client. Furthermore, it ensures we recover maximum economic and noneconomic damages such as:
- Medical costs
- Prospective medical costs
- Therapy and rehabilitation
- Educational re-training
- Lost wages
- Loss of income
- Transportation losses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of the enjoyment in life
If you or a family member has been injured or killed because of being run over by heavy equipment on a construction site, it is crucial that you talk with a lawyer who has a firm understanding of these types of claims and their relevant laws. For a free and confidential consultation with a Milwaukee work injury lawyer from Hickey & Turim SC, call our office today.