Madison Personal Injury Lawyers
Trust the experience of a Madison personal injury lawyer who has built a successful practice over the past 30 years. With a dedicated team of legal professionals, Hickey & Turim are the attorneys to call when you need an injury lawyer to fight for your rights and help secure your financial future. We will put our experience and know-how to work for you.
Our law offices are located in Waukesha County, but we serve ALL of Wisconsin! If you have been seriously injured and would like to speak to an attorney, we will make arrangements to travel and meet you. Yes, we will meet you in Racine, Madison, Green Bay, and Eau Claire or anywhere in between. In addition to providing premier legal representation, we also pride ourselves on being active members of the communities in which we live, work and raise our families.
Hickey and Turim believes in protecting the community. You can always count on Hickey and Turim to stand by your family. Whether you are seeking assistance with Workers Compensation, Personal Injury, or Auto Accidents, the professionals at Hickey and Turim are ready to work for you.
Common Myths About Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents are one of the most common personal injury cases. They can lead to serious injuries and require significant time off work. If the accident was caused by someone else’s negligence, you have the right to file a lawsuit. Here are some common myths about slip and fall accidents that you shouldn’t believe.
- If the defendant didn’t know about the dangerous condition, you aren’t eligible to receive compensation. Many slip and fall victims assume that they don’t have a strong case if the owner of the property didn’t know about the hazardous condition that resulted in their accident. This isn’t true. The property owner doesn’t necessarily have to be aware of the condition to be held responsible. If it’s determined that the owner should have known about the dangerous condition, you have a case. For instance, if you slipped over spilled juice in a grocery store and the spill was there for hours, the owner should have known about it.
- You can only recover compensation for physical injuries. While slip and fall accidents often result in physical injuries, like head injuries and broken bones, they can also result in psychological injuries. The good news is that you may also be eligible to receive compensation for emotional distress.
- If you suffered a slip and fall accident on public property, you can’t sue. This is another big myth that Madison personal injury lawyers hear. If you suffered a slip and fall accident on government property, you can still file a lawsuit. However, you’re required to provide a notice of claim before pursuing a lawsuit.
- Immediate medical care isn’t necessary if you’re not bleeding or in pain. Not all slip and fall accident injuries have obvious symptoms right away. However, just because you are not bleeding or in a lot of pain, doesn not mean you shouldn’t see a doctor right away. If you delay medical care too long, your injuries can worsen. Additionally, you could hurt your claim by waiting too long to see a doctor.
- You don’t need a lawyer. Although you’re not required to hire a lawyer for a slip and fall case, it is in your best interest to do so. Slip and fall cases can involve many complexities. A skilled lawyer can help you gather evidence, identify witnesses and negotiate with the insurance company.
Dedicated To Getting You Results