Workers Comp Lawyers Milwaukee WI
If you’ve been injured on the job, you might want to contact workers comp lawyers Milwaukee, WI has to offer. Acting as a valuable asset to secure the financial compensation you deserve, Milwaukee workers comp lawyers may facilitate a smooth process to ensure you get your settlement in due time. Hickey & Turim, S.C. is a family-run law firm that has been offering results-proven legal services since 1989. Commended for their dedication, our lawyers may be prepared to discuss your claim and let you know what you might expect.
The workers comp lawyers Milwaukee WI trusts from Hickey & Turim, S.C. have helped many injured workers obtain compensation and are ready to assist you. With qualified workers comp lawyers Milwaukee WI respects on your side, you may have a good chance to obtain fair compensation for your injuries.
Should I File My Workers Comp With Legal Assistance?
A system is in place to allow individuals to file their own workers comp claim. However, if your claim is not straightforward, you may encounter obstacles that hinder your ability to receive compensation in a timely manner. Workers comp lawyers Milwaukee, WI respects may be available to help you overcome these hurdles and hasten the overall process. Workers comp lawyers in Milwaukee WI may be able to help with the following tasks:
- Filing your worker compensation documents
- Examining your claim and any relevant evidence
- Assistance getting secondary medical opinions
- Appealing any workers comp denial
- Discussing potential legal options you may have in accordance with your injury
To speak with workers comp lawyers Milwaukee, WI residents can count on, please call Hickey & Turim, S.C. for a free consultation.
Common Causes of Workplace Injuries
While it would be ideal for every work environment to be free of of dangers, this isn’t always possible. Thousands of workers are injured at work every year for one reason or another. Some walk away with minor bruising while others suffer concussions or other serious injuries. If you’re considering contacting a team workers comp lawyers in Milwaukee WI, your injury might have been caused by one of the following:
- Slip and Falls: Slips can occur in office kitchens or break rooms if liquids are spilled on the floor and not cleaned up immediately. Employees who slip and fall can suffer scratches, cuts, and even broken bones.
- Vehicle Accidents: Employees who are required to drive a vehicle at work may be at risk of getting into a vehicle accident if they’re not careful. Employers should make sure their workers are fully trained to operate the vehicle before driving.
- Falling Objects: Employees who have been injured by falling objects might also qualify for workers compensation. If heavy objects, like file boxes, are put on high shelves and not secured properly, they can fall on employees and cause serious injuries.
- Hazardous Materials: It’s critical for employees who work with hazardous materials to wear protective clothing, eye goggles and gloves. Burns, skin infections, and other injuries could potentially result from coming in contact with hazardous materials.
- Violence: Workers comp lawyers Milwaukee WI depends on might also provide counsel to clients who have been the victims of workplace violence. These types of workers comp claims can be very complex because violence in the workplace might justify criminal charges.
When Should I Contact a Workers Comp Lawyer?
Choosing to have a lawyer on your side might seem like a difficult decision. You may fear backlash from your employer or have concerns about how you will pay for the legal expertise. As troublesome as these concerns can be, it may be advantageous to contact a workers comp lawyers Milwaukee, WI offers as soon as possible.
Apart from the statute of limitations, you may encounter negotiation pressure from the insurer as a means to prevent you from seeking maximum compensation. Likewise, your employer or their insurance carrier may have their own lawyers who could argue against your claim. If you have any concerns, you may talk to Hickey & Turim, S.C. for free. It could be beneficial to see what our law firm has to say prior to making a decision on how to approach your claim.
As experienced workers comp lawyers, we understand the tactics that might be used against you by an insurer. We fight against deceptive practices when our clients are legally entitled to claim monetary compensation for their injuries. This monetary amount may cover some or all of the following:
- Past, present, and future medical care
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Partial or full disability
- Financial losses from the inability to work
- Wrongful death
Questions to Ask During a Consultation with Workers Comp Lawyers
During your initial consultation with Milwaukee workers comp lawyers, they may ask you dozens of questions about your case, such as where exactly you got injured and if your injuries require extensive medical treatments or not. However, they shouldn’t be the only ones asking questions. It may be a good idea for you to ask several questions to get a better idea about their skills and experience. Here are some questions you may want to ask workers comp lawyers Milwaukee WI counts on:
- How many years have you been handling workers comp claims?
- How many workers comp claims do you handle every month?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of my case?
- How much do you think my case is worth?
- Will you be handling my case on your own or will you have legal assistant help you?
- Can you walk me through the workers comp process?
Contact Hickey & Turim, S.C.: Workers Comp Lawyers Milwaukee, WI Can Trust
The longer you wait to file a workers comp claim, the weaker your case could become. Hickey & Turim, S.C. handles many workers comp claims on a contingency fee basis. If you’ve been injured on the job, we would like to speak with you during a free consultation. To schedule an appointment with workers comp lawyers Milwaukee WI trusts, call our office today at (262) 797-6677.