Skip to main content

Milwaukee Injury Lawyer

Have a Question? Let Us Fight for You!

Get a Free Consultation

slippery sign on floor of modern buildingMilwaukee Personal Injury Lawyer

If you have been hurt in an accident that was caused by another party, it may be time to speak to a Milwaukee personal injury lawyer from Hickey & Turim. You may be entitled to receive monetary compensation for your losses. Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about personal injury cases.

What Are the Most Common Types of Personal Injury Cases?

Car accidents are the most common type of accident that result in personal injury cases. These accidents can occur on busy highways and city roads and cause a wide range of injuries, from head injuries to broken bones. Other types of personal injury cases stem from defective products, slip and fall accidents, medical malpractice, dog bites, truck accidents and bicycle accidents.

How Much Is My Claim Worth?

It is difficult to assess the dollar value of a personal injury case without investigation. No two personal injury cases are the same. Several factors can influence the value of your claim, such as the severity of your injury, medical costs, lost wages and emotional distress. For example, if your injury is expected to cause permanent disability and prevent you from working, you may be entitled to a higher settlement.

Do I Have to Talk to an Insurance Adjuster?

After you have been hurt in an accident, the at-fault party’s insurance company may give you a call. You are not obligated to give them any information about your case. In fact, your Milwaukee personal injury lawyer would advise you against talking about the accident with an insurance adjuster. Even if the insurance adjuster seems polite and sympathetic, understand that he or she is not there to help you. Insurance companies care about the bottom line first and will do anything to minimize your settlement. 

What Is a Contingency Fee?

A contingency fee refers to a percentage of a settlement award when a personal injury case is resolved. If you don’t win your case, you will not owe any money. Most personal injury lawyers operate on a contingency basis.

What Should I Bring to My First Consultation with a Personal Injury Lawyer?

The more documents you have relating to your personal injury case, the better. Examples may be a copy of the police report, medical records and wage loss information. 

Schedule a consultation with a Milwaukee personal injury lawyer today to discuss your case in detail.

Car accidents can be terrifying and stressful. At the same time, they can also cause serious injuries that leave you in a great deal of pain and wondering how you will pay for your medical bills and other expenses. If this is the case, you need to contact a Milwaukee personal injury lawyer right away to discuss your options.

A Milwaukee personal injury lawyer from Hickey & Turim, SC will help you get compensation for your injuries and other damages that are the result of someone else’s negligence. A competent lawyer will fight hard to ensure that you get everything that you deserve. 

Can I represent myself in court?

It depends on the type of case you have. There are many instances when someone can represent themselves but there are also cases when it isn’t recommended that you go to court by yourself. When a person has been charged with a misdemeanor offense they can choose to go to court by themselves. However, if they’ve been charged with a felony offense they will need legal representation from an attorney. It isn’t recommended that anyone goes to court without an attorney unless the charges are very minor and there is no jail time associated with it.

Why should I hire a Milwaukee personal injury lawyer?

A Milwaukee personal injury lawyer can help you understand your rights as well as the process so that you get the best outcome possible for your case.

What types of compensation can I receive?

Compensation for a personal injury claim is intended to make you whole following your accident. This means that you will be financially reimbursed for any economic losses suffered, such as medical bills and lost wages, as well as non-economic damages, like pain and suffering. In some cases, punitive damages are also awarded to punish the defendant if they exhibited particularly egregious conduct.

How long will it take to settle my case?

Every claim is different and the length of time it takes to reach a settlement or verdict in court will vary depending on factors including the severity of your injuries, whether liability is disputed and the ability of the insurance company to investigate your claim. In general, claims involving severe injuries with long recovery times take longer than those involving minor injuries.

What damages am I entitled to recover?

The answer depends on the facts of your case. Generally speaking, if another person’s negligence or wrongdoing injured you, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills and lost wages related to the accident. You may also be able to recover non-economic damages such as pain and suffering.

When should I contact an attorney?

You should contact a Milwaukee personal injury lawyer from Hickey & Turim, SC as soon as possible after an accident so that evidence is not lost and witnesses can be interviewed while their memories are still fresh. Often, crucial medical records from the hospital or doctor’s office are deleted after seven years, so it’s important that we obtain them as soon as possible. This includes copies of your ambulance report and your police report, if one was filed. You may also help your case by taking photos of your injuries and the scene of the accident (if possible).

Dedicated To Getting You Results

Contact Us For A Free Consultation