Milwaukee Personal Injury Lawyer
6 Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents are more likely to result in serious injuries and death than other types of motor vehicle accidents. This is because motorcycles are smaller in size and don’t offer much protection for drivers. If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, you deserve to talk to a personal injury lawyer in Milwaukee.
Here are six common causes of motorcycle accidents:
1. Motorcycle lane splitting: Motorcycle lane splitting is when a motorcyclist drives between two lanes of stopped or slow-moving cars. This can cause an accident because the motorcyclist doesn’t have a lot room to maneuver and most cars don’t expect a motorcycle to pass them so closely.
2. A car turns left in front of a motorcycle: Motorcycle accidents often occur when a car turns left in front of a motorcycle. The driver of the car might not have not seen the motorcycle, or simply failed to pay attention. In an accident like this, the driver who made the left-hand turn will almost always be held responsible. It’s important for Milwaukee motorcyclists to always be on high alert in order to avoid these accidents.
3. Speeding: Many motorcycle accidents are caused, or made worse, when a motorcyclist drives above the speed limit. Motorcycles don’t provide a lot of protection for riders. It’s easy for a driver or passenger to be ejected from the seat during a high-speed collision.
4. Head-on collisions: During these accidents, a car usually hits the motorcycle from the front. Unfortunately, Milwaukee head-on collisions are often fatal for the motorcyclist.
5. Rear-end accidents: Accidents can also occur when motorcyclists drive too close to the vehicle in front of them. If the car suddenly hits its brakes, it may lead to a rear-end collision with the motorcyclist. To prevent these accidents, motorcyclists should always keep at least a car length between the vehicle in front of them.
6. Hitting a fixed object: Motorcyclists also face the danger of hitting fixed objects when they are on the road, like a tree or fence. A motorcyclist can easily be ejected from the seat if they hit a stationary object. This could also happen when a motorcyclist encounters debris in the road or drives over a large pothole.
Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer in Milwaukee
Suffering injuries from a motorcycle accident can be devastating. If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle collision, you have likely received a lot of medical care already and may have missed time from work. If another driver’s negligence or wrongdoing caused the accident, you may be able to file a personal injury claim to recover your financial losses. A personal injury lawyer from Hickey & Turim, S.C. may help you file a lawsuit against the driver who hit you.
At our firm, we offer free initial case evaluations for anyone who has been the victim of an accident. If you would like to schedule a free consultation with a Milwaukee personal injury lawyer, we encourage you to give us a call today.
Dedicated To Getting You Results