Personal Injury Lawyer Milwaukee, WI
When someone injures themselves, they may have to pay for their treatment out of pocket which can be expensive. If they have health insurance they can file a claim for coverage of their healthcare costs. However, as a result, their premiums might increase. If they were injured because of someone else’s carelessness or due to a company’s negligence, they may be able to file a claim for compensation. The personal injury lawyer Milwaukee, WI calls first, Hickey & Turim, focuses on helping victims obtain settlements from those who caused their injury.
Is proof of an injury necessary in order to get compensation?
Yes, proof is necessary not only of the nature and seriousness of the injury, but of who was responsible for causing it. In Milwaukee, WI, our personal injury lawyer works closely with victims to build a solid case on their behalf. We can recommend a physician who can diagnose your condition and determine how it may have occurred. In addition to your medical records, we can turn to our professional network and include testimony from medical experts who can speak to your condition and long term health prognosis.
Proof of Liability
Proving that someone or a company caused your injury can be difficult, depending on the circumstances. Of course, if a large crowd witnessed the accident and its cause, this can be easier than if few or no others were at the scene. However, if your personal injury lawyer from our Milwaukee office can provide a reasonable amount of proof that another person or company was responsible for your injury, you may have grounds for seeking compensation from that party. With Hickey & Turim by your side, you can feel confident that every effort will be made to establish proof of liability. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, proof may be available in one or more of the following forms:
- Statements from witnesses about how the accident happened, and what led up to it.
- A determination of who was at fault as per the responding police officer who investigated the accident. If the officer charged the at-fault party with one or more crimes as a result, that information can be included in your claim in addition to the police report.
- A medical diagnosis can suggest whether or not your injury was likely sustained in the accident. Some injuries are more likely in some types of accidents than others.
- Physical evidence at the accident scene can help point to who was responsible for causing it. This might include skid marks, damage to vehicles, etc.
- Video footage and photographs during the accident and leading up to it might be recoverable from pole-mounted traffic cameras in addition to images taken by witnesses or even those involved in the accident.
- If a defective product hurt you, your Milwaukee, WI, personal injury lawyer can investigate whether or not that product has caused similar injuries to others in the past.
You Deserve Justice
If you were hurt in an accident of some kind but are concerned that you cannot prove it wasn’t your fault, contact us at Hickey & Turim to learn if we can help you. Call the personal injury lawyer Milwaukee, WI believes in, to schedule a consultation today.