Bodily Injury Law Firm Milwaukee, WI
If you suffered a bodily injury during a car accident, you should speak to a lawyer from a bodily injury law firm Milwaukee, WI residents trust. You may be entitled to receive compensation. A lawyer can help you file a timely claim and protect your legal rights.
What to Do After Sustaining a Bodily Injury
It’s shocking to endure a bodily injury. However, it’s important to stay calm and take the necessary steps to ensure fair compensation.
- Contact the Police: After an accident that caused bodily injuries, you must call the police. They will come to the scene of the accident and file a report. The report will include important details about the accident, such as where and when it occurred and the names of everyone involved. It’s important to obtain a copy of this police report for your record. It will prevent the other party from changing their story later on.
- Speak to Witnesses: Were there any bystanders that saw the accident happen? If so, don’t hesitate to ask for their names and contact information before you leave. They can testify on your behalf and back up your version of the event.
- Take Photos: As a bodily injury law firm in Milwaukee, W can confirm, photos are one of the most important pieces of evidence you can have. Take a few shots of all the vehicles involved in the accident, skid marks on the road and traffic signals. If you have visible injuries, take photos of those as well.
- Get Medical Attention: No matter what kind of bodily injury you sustained, you should go to the emergency room as soon as possible. A doctor will perform a physical examination and perform other tests if necessary. Once the doctor diagnoses your injury, he or she will recommend the appropriate treatment. If you wait too long to see a doctor, your injury could get worse. The defendant’s insurance company may also try to argue that you aren’t as injured as you claim to be.
- Hire a Lawyer: Bodily injury cases can be very complex, so you want someone knowledgeable and experienced on your side. A personal injury lawyer in Milwaukee, WI will help you gather the appropriate evidence and communicate with the insurance company on your behalf.
Getting Compensation for Bodily Injuries
When you suffer a bodily injury from someone else’s negligence, you’re entitled to receive compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, loss of earning capacity and pain and suffering.
Schedule a consultation with a lawyer from The Law offices of Hickey & Turim S.C. today.