As the victim of an accident, you might have questions for a skilled personal injury lawyer Milwaukee WI offers. Your rights should be protected, but if you aren’t aware of what they are, consulting an attorney may help you understand. At Hickey & Turim, our attorneys have fought for thousands of personal injury victims. Our legal team has an impressive record when it comes to recovering maximum damages for our clients.
Because every personal injury case is different, it may be best to meet with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your case. Contact us at Hickey & Turim to speak with a personal injury lawyer in Milwaukee WI. We offer a free case review, during which you can ask questions. Here are some common questions that we get from personal injury victims who are seeking legal representation.
Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney
How much do you charge for a contingency fee?
- The majority of personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, rather than a flat fee or hourly charge.
- Attorneys who work for a contingency fee do not earn a fee unless they recover monetary damages on behalf of their client.
- Contingency fees are very often negotiable. The more likely your case will settle for a large amount of compensation, the more flexible the attorney may be when it comes to the amount of their contingency fee.
Will you charge me any fees or case costs if you cannot negotiate a fair settlement?
- Very often a personal injury lawyer Milwaukee WI victims hire will charge the client for costs that the attorney has paid during the case.
- These costs might include court fees for filing the claim, long distance phone calls, medical expert consultation fees, etc. Be clear about what you will be responsible for paying, and how much it’s likely to be.
Have you tried any personal injury cases similar to mine? If so, what was the outcome?
- Of course, you want a seasoned personal injury attorney to try your case. But that’s not always possible, especially if the anticipated settlement amount is not extremely high. Feel free to meet with attorneys until you find an experienced personal injury lawyer Milwaukee WI provides that feels like a good fit.
Do you have the capacity to begin working on my case immediately?
- Very often, the busiest lawyers juggle a number of cases simultaneously. That can put your case on the back burner. The process of acquiring evidence for a personal injury case can be time sensitive. Choose a personal injury lawyer Milwaukee WI residents respect for starting and settling cases in a timely manner.
- The longer it takes an attorney to begin your case, the longer it will take to resolve. In the meantime, medical bills and other costs are likely adding up fast.
When you need a personal injury lawyer, you want one who may help to protect your rights and get positive results quickly. Call Hickey & Turim today for a free case review with a personal injury Attorney Milwaukee WI accident victims know they can rely on.