Skip to main content

Personal Injury Lawyer Manitowoc, WI

Have a Question? Let Us Fight for You!

Get a Free Consultation

When you were injured in some type of accident, you may be looking for the services of a personal injury lawyer Manitowoc, WI residents can trust. If this is the case, look no further than Hickey & Turim, SC. We care about giving our clients representation during difficult times and understand that recovering from an accident can mean a very long road ahead of you. If you would like to learn more about what you can do after an accident and what steps you should take, give us a call at your earliest convenience. 

How long do I have to bring a personal injury claim forward? 

When people want to bring forward a personal injury claim (or some other type of claim or lawsuit), one of the first questions they may ask is how long they have to bring this legal case forward. When it comes to filing a personal injury suit in Wisconsin, a Manitowoc, Wisconsin personal injury lawyer knows that you will need to understand the statute of limitations. For more personal injury claims in this state, you will need to file your claim within three years of the date the accident occurred. 

My significant other was injured in this accident but I was not. Can I still bring forward a personal injury claim? 

It is still possible to bring a personal injury claim forward for your spouse. This may be because of: 

  • a loss of love and affection (also referred to as consortium)
  • a loss of comfort or advice
  • an inability to be intimate with your spouse, or 
  • a loss of companionship 

When you are filing on behalf of your spouse, make sure you speak with your attorney because this can complicate your claim. 

Should I expect to go to court?

Bringing a legal claim forward does not necessarily mean that you should expect to go to court. Instead, most people are able to come to an agreement with the at-fault party’s insurance company. While your attorney and the insurance agent may go back and forth a few times during the negotiation process, you may be able to reach a settlement amount that you can both agree on. If this is not the case and the insurance company is not offering you a substantial enough number, then you can speak with your attorney about pursuing further compensation in court. 

Are you interested in seeing how someone from Hickey & Turim, SC can help you? Reach out to our Manitowoc, Wisconsin personal injury lawyer now. 

Dedicated To Getting You Results

Contact Us For A Free Consultation