Are You a Victim of Dental Malpractice?
Personal Injury Lawyer
According to national statistics, one out of every seven medical malpractice lawsuits involve a dental professional. Negligence on the part of a dentist can leave a patient with long-term or permanent complications which can result in a life of chronic pain.
Attorneys have handled many dental malpractice lawsuits and understand the devastating consequences these injuries can have for a victim and their family. If you have suffered injury to the negligence of a dental professional, call a law office today to meet with malpractice attorneys and find out how they can help.
Dental malpractice typically occurs because of one of the following:
- Negligence in performing dental work
- Failure to diagnose a hazardous dental condition
- Failure to treat a hazardous dental condition
- Delayed diagnosis of an oral cancer or other disease
- Delayed treatment of an oral disease
- Intentional misconduct by the dentist
At a law firm, the following are some of the more frequent incidents of dental malpractice that occur:
- Delayed diagnosis or treatment of dental issue
- Failure to take or consider a patient’s medical history
- Fractured jaw because of a dental procedure
- Improper use of dental equipment or dental tools
- Negligent or improper administration of anesthesia
- Negligently completed bridges or crowns complications
- Nerve injuries caused by dental injections
- Temporary or permanent loss of taste or sensation
- Temporary or permanent numbness
- Temporary or permanent structural injuries to tongue, lips, chin, or jaw
- Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) disorders
- Unnecessary extraction of multiple teeth
Another common reason why clients come to our malpractice law firm is because a dentist performed work but failed to get the client’s consent. A dentist is not allowed to perform any additional services than what you have given your informed consent for. Failure to abide by this rule is grounds for a malpractice lawsuit.
When you do file a dental malpractice lawsuit, there are certain things you should be aware of. First of all, your attorney must be able to prove that the dentist either unintentionally failed to provide the acceptable standard of care or that the dentist intentionally performed a procedure or act that another qualified dentist would not have performed in similar circumstances.
A patient cannot file a dental malpractice lawsuit just because they are not happy with the services they received. The patient must have suffered some type of injury because of the dentist’s negligence and that injury must have resulted in damages for the patient.
Call a Dental Malpractice Attorney for Help
If you think you have grounds to file a dental malpractice lawsuit, contact a dental malpractice lawyer in Salt Lake today. We will schedule a free and confidential consultation and discuss the details of your case. The dental malpractice attorney will evaluate your case and let you know what legal options you may have and what type of financial compensation you may be entitled to for the losses you have suffered.
Thanks to Rasmussen & Miner for their insight into dental malpractice and what to do if you’ve been a victim.
Posted on July 20, 2019 @ 3:43 pm