Skip to main content

June 21, 2022

When Should I Consult With A Personal Injury Lawyer

Back To Blog

Posted in Wisconsin Workers Compensation Related News

If you suffer an injury or illness due to someone else’s negligence or a defective product, it is always a good idea to consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Oak Creek, WI as soon as possible after the incident. A personal injury attorney can help protect the rights of the injured victim while they are recovering. Insurance companies have their own legal team working on their behalf.

What is a personal injury lawyer?

A personal injury lawyer in Oak Creek, WI is a lawyer who specializes in the representation of individuals who have sustained injuries as a result of another’s negligence. These types of cases include automobile accidents, slip and fall accidents and work-related incidents.

What is personal injury law?

Personal injury law covers any legal case in which someone suffers an injury to their body, mind or emotions. There are many different types of personal injury cases. Some common examples include car accidents, slip and fall accidents, defective product accidents, medical malpractice and workplace injuries.

What is my case worth?

This is one of the most common questions that our clients ask us. Unfortunately, there is no easy answer to this question. There are so many factors that go into determining the value of a claim, including the extent of your injuries, medical treatment received, lost wages and the defendant’s liability or responsibility for the accident that occurred.

What will it cost me to hire a lawyer?

We at Hickey & Turim welcome individuals to contact our office for free initial consultations or reviews of their cases. Our firm works on a contingency fee basis which means we collect no fee unless we recover compensation for you.

Who pays for damages in a personal injury lawsuit?

The at-fault party’s insurance company will usually cover the costs of your damages. Many personal injury cases settle out-of-court before the case goes to trial. However, if the insurance company does not offer a settlement that meets your needs, our experienced personal injury lawyers Oak Creek, WI from Hickey & Turim, SC are prepared to take your case to court and fight for the compensation you deserve.

What if I am at fault? Can I still recover damages?

It depends on the extent of your negligence and whether or not you live in a comparative negligence state. In some states, even if you are at fault for an accident to some degree, you may still be entitled to compensation for your injuries.

Accidents happen every day to millions of people in the United States. Some are minor, but others can result in serious injuries that require medical attention and a personal injury lawyer Oak Creek, WI from Hickey & Turim, SC. If someone else causes your accident or injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages that include medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, scarring and disfigurement, permanent disability, and emotional distress.

In order to collect compensation for your damages from the person who caused your injuries, you must file a personal injury claim or lawsuit. You will need to prove that the other party was negligent or strictly liable for your injuries in order to win your case. A knowledgeable personal injury lawyer in Oak Creek, WI can help you prove fault and collect full and fair compensation for all of your losses.

Dedicated To Getting You Results

Contact Us For A Free Consultation