Skip to main content

January 09, 2022

What To Do After Suffering a Work-Related Injury

Back To Blog

Posted in Wisconsin Workers Compensation Related News

Suppose you were injured while at work; you could be entitled to workers’ compensation. To ensure that you receive the appropriate payments, you need to report the injury before the deadline. If you are too late filing for workers’ compensation, you could potentially lose your case.

Act right away when you suffered an injury at work by hiring a personal injury lawyer like Hickey & Turim, SC. Here are the steps that you need to take after the accident.

Make a Report

Report your injury to your employer right away. Once you report it, the employer has to react immediately. He or she will have about 10 days to submit the report to the Workers’ Compensation Commission. While you do have about 10 days to report an injury, you should report it as soon as it happens.

Seek Medical Attention

As soon as you are injured, you should seek medical attention. Some workers’ compensation policies will allow you to choose a medical provider, but other policies will ask you to see a provider of their choice. This is normally for the initial examination to make sure that your treatment is reasonable. However, you can seek out any doctor you trust for your treatment.

Track All Expenses

Do not forget to track all of your expenses. You should gather all of your medical records that are related to the injury. In addition to medical costs, current and future, you should also include any time off work you had to take. Make sure that you include your lost wages into your expenses. In addition to the medical bills, you can also include transportation fees to go to the hospital.

Find a Lawyer

Not all employees seek out the advice of a lawyer when they have a workers’ compensation claim to make. It cannot hurt your case, however, to discuss your circumstances with an attorney. The lawyer can help guide you through filing a claim and if there is anything suspicious going on, he or she will notice right away. Your lawyer is your advocate and will make sure that you are paid.

If your employer’s insurance provider gives you trouble with providing workers’ compensation or if your application is denied, you should contact a lawyer as soon as possible. Having a lawyer working with you can give you peace of mind that you will receive the money you deserve. To find out more about workers’ compensation, consult with a workers’ compensation lawyer today.

If you’ve been injured in an accident, you may be considering hiring a personal injury lawyer. If so, Hickey & Turim, SC is a great choice. We have years of experience helping accident victims get the compensation they deserve. We know how to fight for our clients’ rights and we won’t rest until we get them the best outcome possible. So if you’re looking for a personal injury lawyer who will fight hard for you, contact us today. We’d be happy to discuss your case with you.

Dedicated To Getting You Results

Contact Us For A Free Consultation