If you have a disability that has permanently restricted your ability to obtain employment, social security disability benefits may be in your best interest. Social Security benefits can be difficult to obtain, which is why employing attorneys like Hickey & Turim can be beneficial when building a strong case. With our experience, we can partner with you in giving you the best opportunity to obtain the benefits you are so desperately in need of.
Social Security Disability Benefits
Social Security Disability (SSDI) is a program funded by the federal government. The purpose for this form of insurance is to provide people who are disabled and no longer have the ability to work, to receive financial support. For those who are disabled prior to reaching retirement, SSDI may be an attractive option. There are a number of considerations that must be made in order to qualify for Social Security Disability:
- To have worked for a certain number of years. Work years are then converted into work credits by the Social Security Administration (SSA).
- Assessment of your job history conducted by the SSA
- You must have a long term disability that is recognized by the SSA for example:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Back Problems
- Immune System Disorders
If you have been disabled and are not currently accessing SSDI benefits, the financial hardship you stand to face may be great. In order to qualify, there are stringent guidelines that you must be able to meet. The process can take some time before a person is actually approved for SSDI. It’s key that the appropriate paperwork is completed with the necessary documentation accurately, and in a timely manner. An attorney with experience in this area of practice may prove beneficial in helping during this process.
Strengthening Your Case
A Social Security attorney like Hickey & Turim may help you in strengthening your case. Not only do attorneys like Hickey & Turim have a successful track record of obtaining positive outcomes for clients; they also have the ability to ensure that you have all the necessary information for SSDI. Having an attorney may help you in a number of ways:
- Help to get your benefits approved the first time
- Ensure that you have everything needed to support your case
- Support you in building your case for benefits
- Gather the necessary medical documentation for a physician, outlining your disability and inability to work
- Help you if you have a strong case that has been denied
Financial issues that have resulted due to your inability to work can have a significant impact on a person’s overall well being. An attorney may be able to act as your guide through the process.
Having a disability is a hardship that can impact a variety of aspects to your life. Social security benefits can help alleviate some of the financial burden you may be experiencing. Unfortunately, obtaining social security benefits may be confusing for someone who does not regularly interface with this system. Hickey & Turim may be able to help you obtain the social security benefits you are in need of. We can review your case to help set forth a course of action for you.