Medical Malpractice Lawyer
A medical malpractice lawyer has extensive experience in handling difficult cases involving clients who suffered a range of injuries, many of which were catastrophic. The consequences of such injuries can be far-ranging for victims, affecting their long term future as well as their loved ones’. When a person goes to a medical doctor for treatment, they have a reasonable expectation that their condition will likely improve as a result; and not that they will be made worse by that treatment. Sometimes this is not the fault of the doctor or the hospital, but oftentimes it is. In fact, medical malpractice is more common than many people realize as our lawyer can tell you from firsthand experience with clients.
If you have reason to believe that you or a close family member was injured by your doctor or a hospital staff member, call a law office to request a free, no-obligation case review by a medical malpractice lawyer. Below is an incomplete list of common medical malpractice errors committed by doctors and hospitals:
- Delayed diagnosis or misdiagnosis. When a doctor fails to timely diagnose a condition or misdiagnoses it, their patient may not get the care they need, and in fact, their condition may worsen as a result of not getting necessary and time-sensitive treatment. In the worst examples, a patient may die as a direct cause of the delayed diagnosis or misdiagnosis. If you or your family member suffered in any of these ways, our medical malpractice lawyer can compare the actions and inactions of your doctor with what most doctors would have done under the same circumstances.
- Injury to the infant or mother during childbirth. It’s a tragic fact that deaths during childbirth still occur in the United States. In 2016, more than 23,000 infants died during childbirth in this country, represented by 5.9 deaths for every 1,000 live births. Even when the infant does not suffer mortality, serious injuries can result. If your baby or the mother did not survive childbirth, contact our medical malpractice lawyer without delay to discuss your case at no charge to you. Additional scenarios of medical malpractice include these:
- Failure of the doctor to correctly respond to symptoms of fetal distress.
- Failure of the doctor to anticipate and proactively react to possible complications of the birthing process because the infant is entangled with the umbilical cord, their size is large, or the infant is in a breech position (hind end rather than head coming out first).
- Failure of the doctor to order a cesarean procedure when it is needed for the safety of the infant or other.
- Failure of the doctor to properly and safely use a vacuum extractor or forceps.
Receive Invaluable Guidance
The laws surrounding medical malpractice cases are complex and a successful case requires the legal assistance of a lawyer experienced with handling this type of lawsuit. Call a lawyer today to request a free consultation with a medical malpractice lawyer Salt Lake City, UT offers to discuss the nature of your case.
Thank you to our friends and contributors at Rasmussen & Miner for their insight into medical malpractice and errors by doctors and hospitals.