Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents occur every day, and they can result in many kinds of injuries. Some injuries are relatively minor, while others are life-threatening. A Milwaukee personal injury lawyer from Hickey & Turim, S.C. has represented car accident victims with several types of injuries, including:
- Head Injuries: Drivers or passengers who hit their head against the dashboard, windows, or steering wheel during a car accident can suffer head injuries. These injuries can lead to severe problems, like hearing loss, cognitive issues, vision loss, and skull fractures. If you suffered a head injury, you might need to undergo surgery and rehabilitation.
- Whiplash: If the neck is moved suddenly during a car accident, it can cause damage to the surrounding ligaments and muscles. Individuals who suffer whiplash may experience pain in the neck, back, and arm, dizziness, and stiffness in the neck.
- Bruises and Lacerations: Loose objects in a car, such as cell phones and mugs, can fly around the interior during a collision and hit the body. While some of these scrapes and cuts are minor, others could be severe and require extra medical care.
- Arm and Leg Injuries: If a passenger is thrown against the car door during a side impact, it can lead to several injuries, including bruises, broken bones, and sprains.
Why It May Be Important to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
It is possible to file a car accident lawsuit on your own. However, it is often recommended to speak with a Milwaukee personal injury lawyer before making any decisions. A car accident lawsuit can be quite complex, and it is easy to make mistakes along the way. Here are a few benefits of hiring a lawyer for counsel:
- Fair Compensation: A reputable personal injury lawyer may know your claim’s approximate value and possess the negotiating skills to get you fair compensation for your injuries.
- Help With Paperwork: When you file a car accident claim, you must fill out a lot of complicated paperwork. An experienced lawyer can help you fill out the paperwork in an efficient manner and avoid making mistakes.
- Representation in Court: Walking into a courtroom can be pretty nerve-wracking. If you have to go to court, it may be very comforting to know that a skilled Milwaukee personal injury lawyer has fully prepared your case for court.
At Hickey & Turim, S.C., we understand how difficult it is to be involved in a car accident. We want to help you obtain the compensation you deserve. Our personal injury lawyers have experience with car accidents but other personal injuries, such as Social Host Liability and more.
There is no better time than the present to hire a lawyer to handle your car accident lawsuit. If you are searching for an experienced Milwaukee personal injury lawyer, contact Hickey & Turim, S.C. today.
Posted on March 30, 2022 @ 2:58 pm