Posted in Personal injury
If you’ve recently sustained an injury during an accident caused by another party, you may want to speak to a personal injury lawyer in Milwaukee, WI from Hickey & Turim. You may be entitled to receive monetary compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages and other losses. A lawyer can help you pursue compensation from the negligent party.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases
A personal injury case can result if a person gets hurt because of someone else’s negligence. Here are the most common types of personal injury cases.
- Car accidents. Car accidents occur every day in the U.S. and typically result when motorists aren’t following the rules of the road. Common causes of car accidents include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, tailgating and drowsy driving. Drivers who are found negligent in accidents may be held financially responsible for injuries.
- Defective products. Manufacturers are expected to ensure their products are safe for public use. If they fail that duty and consumers suffer injuries, the manufacturer may be held legally responsible. Everything from electronics to swing sets can be considered dangerous if there are errors in the manufacturing process.
- Medical malpractice. When a doctor or other medical professional doesn’t follow the standard of care and a patient gets injured because of it, a medical malpractice case can arise. Common types of medical malpractice cases include surgical errors, misdiagnosis, medication errors, birth injuries and anesthesia errors.
- Slip and fall accidents. Slip and fall cases are another common accident case that a personal injury lawyer in Milwaukee, WI represents. Property owners are responsible for keeping their premises free of hazards. If they don’t do that and someone gets hurt, they may be liable. Common causes of slip and fall accidents include wet floors, ice, torn carpeting and poor lighting.
How to Maximize Your Personal Injury Settlement
No matter what kind of accident you were in, your goal is likely to get the highest settlement possible. Here are a few tips to maximize your claim.
- Take clear photos of the accident scene.
- Seek medical care right away so that you can get your injury diagnosed and treated properly.
- Follow your doctor’s treatment advice, whether that’s going to physical therapy sessions or undergoing surgery.
- Hire a skilled personal injury lawyer in Milwaukee, WI.
- Don’t accept the insurance company’s first settlement offer.
- File your claim by the deadline.
Schedule a consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Milwaukee, WI.