Workplace accidents occur on a daily basis, as Glendale workers compensation lawyers can attest. Workers can get injured in both office and factory work environments. Let’s take a closer look at some of the common causes of workplace accidents:
- Electric Shock: Workers who deal with electricity on the job, such as electricians, are more at risk of getting electric shock. These injuries can be serious and even fatal. It’s crucial for employers to provide electricians with safe working environments.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Slip and fall accidents cause many work injuries, as workers compensation lawyers in Glendale can confirm. They commonly occur in employee break rooms where liquids are spilled on the floor. Employees who slip and fall can suffer knee injuries, sprains, and several other injuries.
- Vehicle Accidents: Employees who are required to drive a vehicle for work have a chance of getting into vehicular crashes. It’s important for all employees be properly trained before getting behind the wheel of a company vehicle.
- Machine Entanglement: Glendale workers compensation lawyers may have represented clients whose injuries were caused by machine entanglement. Those who work around heavy machinery need to be extra cautious to avoid injuries. They should wear avoid wearing jewelry and loose clothing, as they can get caught in the machines.
- Falling Objects: Employees may also be in danger of getting hit by falling objects that aren’t secured properly on shelves. This is especially common in offices and warehouses where the use of hardhats is usually unnecessary.
- Violent Acts: Unfortunately, violence in the workplace does happen. Employees can get into disagreements and retaliate against one another. It’s important for workplaces to have zero tolerance policies for violence to deter it as much as possible.
- Repetitive Motion: Repetitive motion refers to doing the same tasks over, such as typing on a computer. As Glendale workers compensation lawyers can explain, repetitive motion can lead to carpal tunnel syndrome, back injuries, and other health problems.
Consulting With Glendale Workers Compensation Lawyers
Meeting with workers compensation lawyers for a consultation is the first step in recovering the compensation your deserve for your work injury. During this meeting, they may ask you background information about your case, such as how you endured the injury and what kind of treatments you’ve had for it. Try to include as many details as possible in your answers. The more information you provide, the better your lawyers may be able to help you.
If you have any questions of your own during the consultation, don’t hesitate to ask. For example, you may want to find out how long these lawyers have handled workers compensation cases or where they attended law school. You may also want to ask Glendale workers compensation lawyers if they think you have a strong case and how much money you might expect to receive in a settlement.
Skilled Glendale Workers Compensation Lawyers Who Fight for Clients
Although your employer may try to convince you that you do not need a lawyer for your work injury, it is important to remember that workers compensation cases can be complex. A lawyer can represent your rights — something your employer and their insurance carrier might not be worried about. If you would like to consult with one of the dedicated workers compensation lawyers in Glendale WI, contact Hickey & Turim, S.C. today. We are available to discuss your case and offer counsel on what may be the ideal legal direction for your situation.
Contact one of our Glendale workers compensation lawyers at (262) 797-6677 to set up an appointment for a free consultation.