If you suffered a personal injury, you may want to consult with a personal injury lawyer Milwaukee WI respects. At Hickey & Turim, SC, we have represented many personal injury victims and are ready to build a strong case for you.
Contact us today at Hickey & Turim, SC to discuss your case with a personal injury lawyer Milwaukee WI provides. We offer a no-cost case review which can help you decide if hiring a lawyer is in your best interest.
The Advantages of Having a Personal Injury Lawyer
Do you always need a personal injury lawyer in every situation? Not necessarily, but before you strike out on your own, consider the following.
- Fair value. An experienced attorney can evaluate any settlement you’re offered and know if it’s fair compensation for your damages. Insurance companies will not usually offer a fair settlement amount if they believe they can get away with less. When an attorney comes on board to represent the personal injury victim, insurance companies tend to respond. They know that if they play games they’re only wasting their time because a personal injury lawyer Milwaukee WI residents hire will counter offer or take the claim to court.
- Time to for approval. Another trick that some insurance companies try is to stall when it comes time to pay out claims. Their reasoning is that without an attorney there isn’t much you can do about it. The longer they delay, the more money they hold onto, and in the end you might even give up altogether. A Milwaukee WI personal injury lawyer from Hickey & Turim, SC can make sure you’re paid within a reasonable period of time.
- Documentation and evidence to prove your case. A Hickey & Turim, SC personal injury lawyer in Milwaukee WI knows how to develop a strong case that proves why the other party was negligent and caused your personal injury. Personal injury cases, if prepared properly, can include expert medical testimony, an accident scene forensic investigation, and legal arguments. If you’re not experienced in these areas or have the resources to find and hire the right experts, it’s best to leave it to a lawyer.
- Determination of your damages. How much is your personal injury case worth? A personal injury lawyer Milwaukee WI victims rely on will know all the “hidden” costs that you may end up paying that you don’t even realize yet. For example, did you know that if your personal injury is not likely to heal completely that you may qualify for permanent disability compensation? A personal injury lawyer from Hickey & Turim, SC may determine a fair compensation total for your case.
Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer
Just as every case and client are different, the same is true of every personal injury lawyer Milwaukee WI has in the city. Legal strategies may differ, rates and fees may not be the same, and each attorney’s level of experience will also vary. Finding the right lawyer for your needs is important.
There are many personal injury lawyers out there, so choosing one can be quite overwhelming. You do not just want someone with a lot of experience; you also want to feel comfortable around your personal injury lawyer Milwaukee WI trusts. Asking the questions during your initial consultation with a personal injury lawyer Milwaukee WI offers may help you determine if he is the right person for the job or not. Here are a few questions you may want to ask:
- How many cases similar to mine have you handled? In order to improve your chances of winning your lawsuit, it may be a good idea to work with a personal injury lawyer Milwaukee WI relies on who has dealt with cases similar to yours. For example, if you had a slip and fall accident, it may not be in your best interest to hire a lawyer who only has experience with car accident lawsuits.
- How many cases do you currently have? It is important to choose a Milwaukee personal injury lawyer who actually has time for your case. If he is overloaded with cases, he may not give your case the attention it deserves.
- Do you think I have a good chance of winning my case? After looking over the evidence in your case, a personal injury lawyer Milwaukee WI depends on may tell you if he thinks you are likely or not to win your case. If he tells you that there is a small chance that you will win your case, it may be better to not pursue the lawsuit.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
If you are considering bringing a personal injury lawsuit, you might be wondering how much your claim is worth. The truth is that all claims are different. Some of them are worth a few thousand dollars while others are worth much more. The compensation you are entitled to can depend on a number of different factors, including the cost of past medical bills, cost of future medical care, lost wages, and pain and suffering. For example, if you suffered a head injury during a car accident that requires future medical care or prevents you from doing your job, you might be able to sue for a higher compensation amount.
During your first consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Milwaukee WI, be sure to discuss the value of your personal injury case with him. He may look at all the factors in your case and give you an estimated amount of compensation that you may expect to receive if you win your case.
It’s rare that a personal injury case may not benefit from the guidance of an attorney, especially if the injury is serious. Our legal team has over 70 years of combined experience fighting for the rights of injured victims in Wisconsin. If you’ve been injured because of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to a substantial personal injury settlement for your losses. For a free case evaluation, contact us at Hickey & Turim, SC today to make an appointment with a personal injury lawyer Milwaukee WI victims depend on.